Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default Flooding

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 21:08:10 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote

I see floods all over the news.

I told you it was a soggy little island.

Yes, and especially so just now, rain almost every
day for 2 months. The tail end of three hurricanes.

It'll soon be the frigid soggy little island
I keep reminding you it has always been.

What, no global warming? :-)

I guess somewhere like America is getting blown to bits.

Nar, they're currently blowing bits of Syria to bits, again.

Not enough of it.

Why should sensible people like me who didn't buy a house
in a flood plain have to foot the bill for those that did?

Because that's the way it works.

That doesn't answer "why".

Because that's what gets the current crew marginally
better prospects of getting elected again, stupid.

Funny how they frequently do things that annoy most of the public.

The government is paying millions to "victims" of flood.

They pay millions to those like you who were too stupid
to work out what qualifications would get you a job too.

Not getting a job is the government's fault,

Nope, the fault of those too stupid to get
qualified in an area where there are plenty of
jobs that they have to use immigrants to fill.

Stop the immigrants, then we could work there.

buying a house in the wrong place is entirely your own fault.

Not when the govt is stupid enough to allow house to be built there.

Doesn't matter, if nobody bought flood plain houses, the builders wouldn't put them there, because they'd never sell them.

Anyway, have they never heard of house insurance?

Have you never heard of getting qualified in an area where
there are jobs or moving to somewhere where there are jobs ?

Why would I want to live in a noisy congested city with a house costing 5 times as much for half the size?

--
When Mike got arrested, the police told him, "Anything you say will be held against you."
Mike smiled and simply replied, "Jessica Simpson's boobs."