Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Smoke detector for Christmas

On Saturday, December 12, 2015 at 8:50:46 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 19:48:11 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

Annual 9 volt battery changes will cost more than $10 in 10 years and
also require your efforts to change the batteries.

We replaced ours with the 10 year models as well as CO detector.

I may not be around another 10 years but this makes one less item to
worry about.

What are you saying? Are there detectors which dont need the battery
replaced for 10 years? Guess I dont understand you????

Which reminds me. I also have a CO detector. The inspectors also
installed that. I have not known how to read it, but as long as it's
silent I assume it's ok. I have never had one of them before now. so I
am clueless how to read it, and they never told me what to do or left
any instructions. I've never known if it needs batteries changed either,
althoigh I assume is does. But where they go is another question ????
Just a few weeks ago, I was trying to locate the battery compartment,
and could not find it, or at least how to open it.
It reads "ON" on the LCD screen, and beeps when I press "Test". Another
button says PPM CO, and when I press it, it says "0" (zero). Obviously
it's working.

In the time it took you to post your "I'm clueless" response, you could have done a simple internet search and gotten answers to all your questions CO detector.

Location, testing, etc.

I guess it's easier to remain clueless (and post about it) than to simply look up the answers.