Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Replace a bathroom exhaust motor

"Micky" wrote in message

stuff snipped

they own a onlline company called zoro. the packaging part numbers and

merchandise are identical. but the pices are dramatically better

Yes, when I went looking for UV replacement bulbs for my Flowtron bug zapper
Zoro had the lowest prices by far (had to order six, though) and I never was
able to complete the transactions because there was something hinky about
their website. I ended up paying a lot more for the damn things through
Amazon. They send me a catalog from Zoro every now and then. I think their
mascot is either a squirrel or a fox.

Sounds like Warshawsky and JCWhitney. I think you had to go to the
store to get Warshawsky prices.

JC Whitney made their name selling cheap Chinese junk long before Harbor
Freight cornered the market. I bought two jackstands from JC and the
(poorly done) weld on one of them failed with the car up on them. From that
day after I wouldn't slide under a car without it being up on sections of
railroad ties. The failed weld made the most awful noise before it let go,
giving me some warning. When my friend's truck actually caused one of the
ties to start to split while we were changing the oil we then began
reinforcing them with long carriage bolts with huge washers.

JC was the only place I could find at the time (way before the internet)
that sold tires with the huge whitewalls that were popular for "touring
saloons" like the Jag Mark X. It was a hard lesson in learning how much
scuffing tires take in everyday life and how bad huge whitewalls look after
a few months of real driving in the city.

--
Bobby G.