Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default How Do Reindeer Fly?

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 12/12/2015 09:17 PM, Robert Green wrote:
It was pretty odd because I was the only car
around when the deer burst out of the underbrush and right in front of

the
car. Must have been a kamikaze.

They're suicidal. The one I hit was on I94 near Miles City, MT. Eastern
Montana can be summed up by 'ain't nothing there'. Except the deer. I
saw him crossing the eastbound lanes and when he got to the median strip
I thought it was just another deer crossing the road. His timing was
perfect; he turned around and threw himself in front of the truck. I
didn't even have time to react.

Stories like yours and mine make me wonder whether the deer are rutting and
think they're going to butt heads with this strange shiny creature invading
their territory. There are just too many tales of "it came out of nowhere
and smashed right into me!"

Of course, sheer stupidity could be the answer but they do seem to pick
their targets. Mine was on me so fast I didn't even have time to utter "Oh
shi+!" to myself.

--
Bobby G.