Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Sump pumps -- GFCI required?

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 22:02:30 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 21:34:29 -0500, Micky
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 15:07:56 -0600,
wrote:

Or just install a non-GFCI outlet on
the ceiling

On the ceiling? Why the ceiling? That's 7 feet from my pump.

above the pump, label it "SUMP PUMP ONLY - DO NOT UNPLUG",
and if the inspectors come, tell them it was like that when you moved
in.

Very common proctice - to keep it out of the wet, prevent other loads
from being connected to the circuit, and prevent having to rout cords
across the floor and up walls to an outlet.

Okay, if you say so. Our basement when I was little was wet a lot
and the big room wasn't used for anything. I wonder if it has a sump
pump yet, or if they did anythign to keep it dry in the first place.