Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sump pumps -- GFCI required?

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 20:54:37 -0500, Micky
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 11:57:41 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

I can see the sump being on a non-GFCI outlet when no one's home. However,
the combination of water, electricity and many times sloppy Chinese pump
manufacturing still make me want the protection of a GFCI on anything that
contacts groundwater. I would run it a long time "under test" to make sure
I could trust it if we were away on vacation.

Of course with pedestal style pumps, the electricity is more than a
foot above the water, the motor and the swich and anything else.

Untill the GFCI trips - - -