Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.com is offline

Default Smoke detector for Christmas

Walmart has a discount smoke detector for #3.97.
I know. I bought one for myself today for the hall,
and spent 10.97 and got the one with the light, for
over the bed.
The four dollar one came with a junk battery, need
alkaline 9 volt cell, sold separately.
Knowing that most people put em on the shelf and
ignore them, please offer installation with the
present. I used two drywall screws and a cordless
drill to install mine.

Exactly one year ago, my Christmas shopping was completed -
- in one stop - I gave out the gifts with the wish -
- that they would never be used !
.... fire extinguishers !
My three kids homes, my own home, niece & nephew,
brothers, in-laws ... etc.
Volume discount at the local Fire & Safety company brought the price
down to reasonable - much cheaper than WalMart & other retailers.
John T.