Posted to alt.home.repair
harry k harry k is offline

Default a 50cc scooter

On Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 10:31:05 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Tue, 08 Dec 2015 20:55:44 -0600, "Dean Hoffman"
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Dec 2015 19:07:30 -0600, wrote:

Up here in Ontario Canada it has been a legal requirement for
motorbikes to run with lights for several decades - and all new
Canadian market cars have daytime running lights - any time you are
moving, you are lit up.

I think my first motorcycle was a 1971. It ran with light on.
I think the dimmer switch was mounted right on top of the headlight.
I thought daytime running lights were going to be required here
in the U.S. too. I had a company pickup with DRL. 96 GMC maybe.
I don't know if fuel mileage requirements put a stop to it but that
pickup was the only one I've had with them.

Fuel mileage and DRLs????

I defy anyone to measure the difference with or without.

I agree but I once had the ?pleasure? of riding with a taxi driver who though it saved gas. From Ankara to Samsun Turkey in in the middle of the night over poor roads with no lights except for when opposing traffic came by. Was on a change of station and airline "fly and die with THY" dumped us off in Ankara.

Harry K