Roger Mills

Default Clearing gutters... any tricks or tools?

"TonyK" wrote in message
Hi

Now all the leaves are down I need to clear the gutters as quite a few are
completely full and overflowing etc. problem is that most of them are

about
5-6 metres up!

Is there a specific tool you can get? I'm thinking of something like a
hooked garden hoe on a long pole. Best idea I can come up with is to fix a
garden hose onto a long reach roller pole I've got (4.8 metres) and blast
the leaves out but this will be ridiculously messy.

Anyone else got any suggestions?

Tony

I don't think you stand much chance of cleaning them properly while standing
on the ground - if that is what you want to do!

You need a decent ladder of an appropriate length - with a stand-off bracket
to hold it away from the wall at the top. You need to go up the ladder,
armed with a bucket and a stout pair of rubber gloves, and scrape the leaves
and other debris into the bucket with your hands. Finally, take a hosepipe
up the ladder and swill out the gutters to wash away any remaining muck.

If you prefer, you could swill *all* the muck along and down the downpipes -
but you'll then have to clean out the gulleys - and that's an even worse
job!

Roger