Jerry G.

Default S-Video, composite, coaxil video in Question

When you say "coax" (not coaxil), do you mean baseband video, or RF. RF is
what you get with cable TV.

If you were to convert the S-Video to RF, or to baseband, there would be no
point to have S-Video. Therefore it is a waste of time to convert it down.
The next best standard is with R-Y, B-Y, and G-Y. The very high end sets
have this. Your DVD player would also have to comply to that standard as
well.

RF is the lowest in quality, then there is baseband video with separate L
and R audio. The next step up is S-Video with L and R audio. The next step
up is component video (as mentioned above), with separate L and R audio.
The very best is what the broadcasters use in their production facilities.
This is full bandwidth digital video.

If you want to enjoy your TV viewing experience, you will have to invest in
a good set.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"George" wrote in message

I have a DVD player that has S-video and composite video out. My TV
only accepts coaxil. I know S-video is better than composite. Can
S-video be converted or an adapter be put inline to match to coaxil?
My Amp accepts composite video in.
Any schematics or diagrams welcomed.
Thanks