Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Flooding

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 18:30:47 -0000, charles
wrote:
In article , Tough Guy no. 1265
wrote:
On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 07:14:04 -0000, harry
wrote:

On Thursday, 10 December 2015 19:33:19 UTC, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 17:39:53 -0000, The Todal
wrote:

On 10/12/2015 16:51, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

I see floods all over the news. Why should sensible people
like me who didn't buy a house in a flood plain have to foot
the bill for those that did? The government is paying millions
to "victims" of flood.

Don't worry, you won't be asked to foot the bill. Now you don't
need to worry about spending all that money on Christmas
presents.

All taxpayers foot the bill, even though they don't get flooded.

Their insurance companies do. Supposing they can get insurance
where they live.

No, the GOVERNMENT is paying for damages, not just insurance
companies.

The Government money is what they raise from taxes. Unless the
Cabinet are paying out of their own pockets, which I doubt.

Yes, but it's still the government paying for it (without our
permission).

Would you like a referendum on this issue?
You are insane enough to wish this.