Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default How Much?

On 12/11/2015 10:09 AM, Frank wrote:

I doubt AT&T service will be any better. And, the guy across the street that
just switched back to them from Comcast had quit Verizon because they did not
honor their offer after a few months.

The old telephone company mentality still exists as if they are still the only
service in town. I had a tiff a few years ago with AT&T and will never do
business with them.

My wife deals with Comcast.

Last time she needed assistance because Comcast wanted to know serial numbers
on my DVR so I had to go down to the basement family room, back to the 2nd
floor with the wrong number and back again to get the correct one.

I was being pretty profane and guy told me that he was not using profanity and
I should not either.

I asked him if he would ask his 75 year old grandfather to go up and down two
flights of stairs twice to get a serial number on a device that Comcast
installed but had no record. I told him I was cussing because Comcast was so
stupid and his grandfather would have cussed him too.

Many companies have utter disdain for their customers! As if they are
*annoyed* that they have them!

Where possible, I try to reciprocate -- by not having "suppliers"! I
want to make them HAPPY with the lack of my business. Cuz I'm such
a nice guy...