Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How Much?

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 9:41:54 PM UTC-6, Don Y wrote:
On 12/10/2015 8:01 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/10/2015 6:26 PM, Don Y wrote:

I'd much rather listen to music but that seems to interfere
with SWMBO's sleep -- she can tune out a movie but not music
(well, not *my* music! : )

Certainly easy enough to do with earbuds, RF headphones and assorted music
sources.

Earbuds leave me tethered to a spot; I have three "dual" worstations
that surround me while working -- so, I am continuously in motion
moving between them. Corded headphones (much prefered to the little
earbuds) suffer from a similar fate.

I've tried RF headphones but they have "flat spots" where reception
"fuzzes out" -- which means I have to remain in a "sweet spot" or
be continually bothered by the drop outs.

Ir headphones might work. My BT headphones are too small to give
good reproduction -- and not small enough to fit into the ear canal
where they can get enhanced base response by coupling directly to the
structures in the ear.

During daylight hours, the preferred way of listening is with a little
"console" that gives me the freedom of motion coupled with reasonably
good reproduction. Or, with earbuds and a PMP while taking my daily walk..

Check out this Bluetooth headset that I bought from Amazon. It has about a 60 foot range and I use it to listen to streaming radio from my computer when I roll into the bathroom and I also use it to make phone calls through the computer. The rechargeable headset is of surprisingly good quality for the price. The headset folds up and is the type with the strap goes behind your head. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CBNG10C

[8~{} Uncle Headset Monster