Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default How Much?

On 12/10/2015 9:47 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

As I have a lot of flexibility in how I spend my time, I arrange to have
some suitable "activity" in each day that allows me to get things done
while also giving me a mental diversion and some physical exertion.

E.g., an hour walk. Juicing lemons/limes/oranges. Painting the roof.
Weeding the yard. Washing a car. Changing oil, filters, brakes. Baking.
Shampooing carpets (I don't vacuum! : ). Volunteering. Defrosting
freezer
chest. Cleaning refrigerator interior. Sorting cables. Shredding
documents. Framing paintings. Cleaning/smoking/packaging meats. Felling
trees. Sharpening tools. etc.

No reading? Chunk of my time is spent on reading... No traveling? Cruising,
Flying, Driving, Ttekking....

I spend a LOT of time reading (and writing) -- but primarily technical
issues. My eyes tire pretty quickly so I don't do much "recreational"
reading -- about 500pp/week.

I spent a lot of years doing a lot of traveling so now see it mainly
as an inconvenience. I wouldn't mind *being* other places... just not
*going* to them! And, there needs to be some compelling reason to
be/go there; I have no desire to go sit on a beach (been there, done that)
or "sightsee" (ick), etc.

The places I'd like to go tend to either now be in locations that
aren't particularly safe/convenient *or* would not support the sorts
of activities that I'd like to engage while there (e.g., I'd like
to *climb* The Great Pyramid, not just "look up at it")