Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default How Much?

On 12/10/2015 7:47 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/10/2015 4:04 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 12/10/2015 11:15 AM, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

The more interesting question, IMO, is how many hours of your life
do you spend at your 9-to-5 (before taxes!) to pay those (after taxes)
rates? Then, asking oneself if it's really *worth* that much of
your time (so you can diddle away even MORE time watching the
boob tube, surfing the web or chatting with others).

About 4 1/2 hours a month. We get enough out of it to say yes, worth the time
working.

I suspect we don't watch 4.5 hours of TV in a month! We *try* to catch the
local weather -- in the last 5 minutes of the nightly newscast. But, tend
to rely on on-line forecasts most of the time (as we can better relate those
to our actual microclimate instead of "forecast FOR the airport"). We long
ago realized that the local news was just a replay of the national news
with some trivial, feel-good, (local) "special interest" story thrown in.
And, we can grab the national news from any of dozens of web sites in far
less time -- and more detail -- than any broadcast outlet.

We have no interest in "reality TV" -- we live our own "real lives",
thankyouverymuch! : And, can pick the movies that we *want* to see
at will instead of hoping someone airs something that we'd like to
watch, *when* we'd like to watch it (or, when we want to sit down and
browse the upcoming schedules to decide what to configure the HTPC to
record on our behalf).

SWMBO sees the most regular "TV usage" with her morning exercise routine
(from DVD or media tank). I'm not sure she would count that as "TV time"!