Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

clare wrote, on Thu, 10 Dec 2015 17:22:36 -0500:

If he won't listen to me, mabee he'll listen to someone else.
He asks for advice - then won't take it.
That sounds a bit like an idiot to me - sorry but I have to call a
spade a spade.

I think you totally missed the point.
The tire is already ruined because I drove on it.
Nothing I do to it will ruin it any more.

However, I can experiment on this tire, so that I can see how the
entire patch process works.

Remember what this group is all about.
It's not a ladies' knitting group you know.

So, we're not afraid to wind our own garage door springs.
We're not afraid to replace our own struts.
And, we're not afraid to patch our tires correctly.

You seem to know a lot, which means that you know the average fool
is too stupid to patch their tires correctly.

But, the rest of us aren't average fools! (pun intended).

At this point, I'm working on *what* exactly the carbide bit does.
This bit looks nothing like the spiral reamer that comes with the
el cheapo outside plug kits.

The carbide bit, I think, is supposed to smooth the sharp edges
of the cut belts.

Do you concur?
Or is there a *different* reason for the carbide bit?