Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Flooding

On 10/12/2015 22:00, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 10/12/2015 20:07, Bod wrote:
I agree with Tough Guy. Avoiding flood plains is only common sense when
buying a house. I checked before moving home.
Moving into a flood area is not very sensible.

Trouble is that some of these people might have checked, and been told
only a 1 in 100 year flood would reach them - and reckon this means once
in a lifetime. But I'm hearing 34 in 300 years elsewhere...

Andy

Ok, but why choose an area that is capable of being flooded when there's
plenty of houses that aren't in flood plains.
To me it is stupidity to take the risk.

--
Bod

---