Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Grounding wire for house. Is this right?

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 15:20:36 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 09:54:08 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 11:05:51 -0500,
wrote:

You only need a continuous conductor to the primary grounding
electrode. You can connect "bonding jumpers" with any listed method as
long as each path is using the required size wire.

This is from the NEC handbook

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/250%20exibit%2031.jpg

(extra credit if you catch the absurd thing in the code) ;-)

ummm, the pic shows an Ufer ground in addition to ground rods?

You can have all the electrodes you want

Shucks. Now I have to wait and see who gets the extra credit. Best I
can tell, my house uses the Ufer ground. Haven't seen or found ground
rods.