Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Consumer electronics "war stories"

wrote in message
On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 4:30:21 PM UTC-5, Chuck wrote:
On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 07:13:43 -0800 (PST), wrote:

One of my favorite stories is from electronics lab in college.

We had to build a small two stage transistor audio amp in the lab with
parts from the stock room, onto a protoboard like breadboard.

My lab partners and I were experienced hams and got ours working in no
time , no problems.

At college I had a lab with the same thing. We designed simple circuits and
built them and took measurments on them. There were boxes of parts that
were suspose to be the same parts. Some of the parts were either bad or out
of spec. Not on purpose, they just got that way over the years. Me and a
person I was with usually could locate the bad parts and get our project
going first. Got to be a joke that the ones that got theirs to work had the
lucky box with all good parts for that design.