Posted to uk.legal,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Flooding

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote

I see floods all over the news.

I told you it was a soggy little island.

Yes, and especially so just now, rain almost every
day for 2 months. The tail end of three hurricanes.

It'll soon be the frigid soggy little island
I keep reminding you it has always been.

I guess somewhere like America is getting blown to bits.

Nar, they're currently blowing bits of Syria to bits, again.

Why should sensible people like me who didn't buy a house
in a flood plain have to foot the bill for those that did?

Because that's the way it works.

That doesn't answer "why".

Because that's what gets the current crew marginally
better prospects of getting elected again, stupid.

The government is paying millions to "victims" of flood.

They pay millions to those like you who were too stupid
to work out what qualifications would get you a job too.

Not getting a job is the government's fault,

Nope, the fault of those too stupid to get
qualified in an area where there are plenty of
jobs that they have to use immigrants to fill.

buying a house in the wrong place is entirely your own fault.

Not when the govt is stupid enough to allow house to be built there.

Anyway, have they never heard of house insurance?

Have you never heard of getting qualified in an area where
there are jobs or moving to somewhere where there are jobs ?