Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_10_] michael adams[_10_] is offline

Default Breaking news

"harry" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 December 2015 16:57:25 UTC, michael adams wrote:
"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , michael
adams wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message

I'm prepared to accept that it *may* exist, in the apocalyptic sense
that the warmists warn about. The OP says that what we have seen so far
isn't it, and I agree with him.

That would probably depend on what counts as "apocalyptic" nowadays.
As compared with say the Black Death. No more heated towel rails
perhaps?

Why are you asking me? I'm not the one making apocalyptic
pronouncements.

Because you're the one who's prepared to accept that global warming
may exist in the "apocolyptic" sense." Not me. I never mentioned
apocalypses. That was you.

And so its incumbent on you to explain exactly what you mean by apocalyptic
in this context.

How about the recent floods in the NW?
Three "one a hundred year" events in ten years?

What's apocalyptic about a bit of flooding ?

Where's that stiff upper lip ?

If there'd been a volcanic eruption with lava flowing everywhere,
along with an earthquake, which cause a total meltdown of
Sellafield, along with a tsunami then that admittedly might
be reasonably described as bordering on apocalyptic.

However after a nice cup of tea from the WVS mobile canteen
things will soon be looking up again.

Chin up !

michael adams