Posted to uk.d-i-y
Judith in England[_2_] Judith in England[_2_] is offline

Default OTish WEb problem accessing page

I can access the MCOL (Money Claim On-line) website - but when I click on
log-in it goes to the
Government Gateway and then times out.

When I go straight to the Government Gateway website:
http://www.gateway.gov.uk/

It again times out. So the problem seems to be accessing that particular site
itself. I have turned off Defender - no difference.

I have tried pinging and trace route the site - both by website name and also
by IP address.

No joy. All other sites - including secure, work fine

Can anyone throw any light on it - or just point me to a newsgroup in which it
will be more appropriate.

It appears to be a problem with my Internet access - it works OK via 4G