Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default recommended flapper for Douglas brass flush valve?

On Wed, 9 Dec 2015 08:40:06 -0500, Bill Baxter
wrote:

Now I'm wondering if this was the correct tank ball at all or whether I
should have gone with a different one? Also, should something be placed
on or around the Douglas valve rim (where the tank ball sits when tank
is full of water)? Seems like just rubber against brass isn't going to
cut it.

I once had a flapper that leeaked quite a bit, I'd have to take the
toilet bowl brush and push the flapper into the hole to stop it. It
took 4 months or more to seal the tank on its own.

I would have changed flappers but it had the same make and number as
the model I'd used many times without any problems, and came from the
same batch as one or two that had worked fine.

IOW, you got a bad one but after a while it may fit fine.

Anyway, any help would be welcome and appreciated.