Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
jeanyves jeanyves is offline

Default LCR meter recommendations?

On 2015-11-21 01:24:25 +0000, Cursitor Doom said:

Hi all,

I'm looking to acquire a new LCR meter to replace the old bridges I've
been formerly using, which can be a bit cumbersome. Can anyone recommend
one from personal experience? I've watched all sorts of 'tear down'
videos on YT but it's not clear if the people reviewing are involved in
some way with the manufacturers and therefore biased, hence I'd like to
hear from regular, independent users on their personal experience with
these devices.

thanks,

CD

today the DEREE DE-5000 is the best bang for buck considering LCR
meters precision
those $20 multi testers are not precision instruments, but can be
sufficiant for troubleshooting, not more.
for me they are not lcr meters.

you can find deree de5000 on ebay ( in japan) for some $100 shipped
dont forget the tweezers probes it is useless without.

example link here :
http://kripton2035.free.fr/LCR%20met...ee5000-cl.html

--

Jean-Yves.