Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default new yankee workshop and drill press spindle sander

"SnA Higgins" wrote in
:

I have a Rockwell/Delta radial drill press, circa 1970. The manual
discusses using it as a router and as a drum sander. Since I have
those specific machines I use the drill press for drilling only.

A radial drill press is kind of a different animal - they
are usually much more stoutly constructed than a regular
drill press.

Myself, I have a small benchtop drill press from way back
when I first started getting tools, which is now reserved
for drum sanding. The bigger press is just for drills.

John