Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_4_] Muggles[_4_] is offline

Default Hand pain

On 12/9/2015 1:26 AM, Don Y wrote:
On 12/8/2015 11:19 PM, Muggles wrote:

I don't know if it is lack of strength, inability to "close a fist",
or something else... but, it seems like manual dexterity suffers with
age. I have no problems with small caps (1") *or* large (4") but
many of my friends have problems with both these extremes.

hmmm I have small hands and short fingers, so I don't have much of a
grip when it comes to larger bottle caps or even jars, for that matter.
Do you think size of hands has anything to do with it?

For large diameter, sure. But, that "problem" would exist from
adolescence, etc.

For *small* diameter, though, small hands shouldn't pose a problem.
Indeed, larger hands can get in the way for smaller diameters
(forcing the user to use fingertips instead of the length of
the finger)

I had a similar problem with my small hands and short fingers when I
played guitar.

--
Maggie