Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Questions about Wheel spacers for a truck

On Wed, 09 Dec 2015 08:18:22 -0800
Larry Jaques wrote:

snip
I've always been wary of those centerless, elongated-hole adapter
plates for aluminum mags.

I had L50 x 15 Crager SS Mags on the back of my old El Camino. They
used a universal aluminum adapter plate, 5 long lug nuts. Anyway I got
into a fender bender where I guy ran into the side of me pulling out of
a parking lot. Most of the damage was on the front-left corner but
some how it caught the Mag and bent the rear axle. New rear axle,
re-mounted the Mag (with a slight ding in it) with all the old hardware.
It all ran smooth again...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b