Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default does a reliable power vent hot water heater exist?

On Wed, 9 Dec 2015, trader_4 wrote:

So then I don't see what the real relevance is to them not fixing a water heater
that you would install yourself. And I sure wouldn't be paying for a company to
come look at my water heater twice a year.

They come twice a year to look at the furnace and a/c. Not the hot water
heater. Though they may also look at it while here.

From the prices I've seen so far,
it sure doesn't look like you're getting any special discount. You can't
get a new direct vent replacement for a similar one that is already there
installed for $2000 - $2800 by many companies?

The new Bradford White RG2PV50 is costing me $1895 installed. Plus sales
tax. And I presume I won't be charged for yesterday's and this morning's
service call. This morning he drained the water out of the fan. It is now
working again. But the bearings are shot in the motor and it is making
quite a bit of noise. But I do now have hot water until the new one arrives
this afternoon.