Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default does a reliable power vent hot water heater exist?

On Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 9:03:14 AM UTC-5, Don Wiss wrote:
On Wed, 9 Dec 2015, trader_4 wrote:

I would think those maintenance companies are happy to service anything
because they make lots of $$$ doing it and their contracts have plenty
of exclusions, like "not covered: problems due to incorrect installation".
If you have a contract and apparently it's having some kind of motor
issue, why isn't the maintenance company fixing it for free?

It is not a maintenance company. It is not a warranty agreement. It is the
company that installed my HVAC and water heater. The agreement just means I
get two free checkups each year, guaranteed response and a discount on
service.

Very typical for HVAC around here.

So then I don't see what the real relevance is to them not fixing a water heater
that you would install yourself. And I sure wouldn't be paying for a company to
come look at my water heater twice a year. From the prices I've seen so far,
it sure doesn't look like you're getting any special discount. You can't
get a new direct vent replacement for a similar one that is already there
installed for $2000 - $2800 by many companies?