Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PC and monitor standby power?

On Wednesday, 9 December 2015 11:36:05 UTC, Martin Brown wrote:
On 09/12/2015 11:22, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 8 December 2015 17:24:42 UTC, Martin Brown wrote:

Worst PC I have seen recently about 4W best 0.1W. If there is any doubt
then one of the socket strips that slaves all peripherals to the PC is
the way to go. That is what I do for my errant amplifier.

I've emasured two CRT iMac from about 2001 they were between 2-4 watts on shutdown,
this is I believe due to the IEC filtering socket not being as

efficient as it
should/could be. Sleeping was 30 watts !

I doubt that the mains filter could ever be that inefficient.

There's more than just the main filter in a sleeping imac.
The screen while blank is active and them memeory and a lot of the other components werre active when in sleep mode.

My G4 tower was 5 watts on shutdown.

~5W is typical of maintaining the ram contents for a quick start.

Although some cheap and nasty PSUs are that bad at maintaining power for
the on/off switch logic I wouldn't expect to see one in an Apple.

it is what it was/is.