Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default screwfix titan pillar drill

In article ,
wrote:
No point with a pillar drill really - there is no cost saving by the
time you have bought the key components...

They key bits are just scrap wood and a jubilee clip or 2

You can buy stands to convert a normal drill into a sort of pillar one.
But they suffer even more from sideways slop than even the cheapest ready
made pillar drill. They do generally have a longer travel, though.

My cheap pillar drill came from Lidl. Replaced the older B&Q one and cost
about the same - about 50 quid or less. It has a higher maximum distance
between chuck and table and an adequately powerful 500 watt motor. The two
things that made me change from the B&Q one.

It is adequate for my needs. Otherwise I'd not have bought it.

--
*You can't teach an old mouse new clicks *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.