Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moc is offline

Default Why is a 100W (equlivalant) LED so large and heavy?

On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 09:49:09 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

Hope you are getting your eyes examined.

I got prescribed glasses about a year ago. But I dont like the bifocals.
I see distance fine, but cant read worth a ****. Paper is worse than the
computer monitor. To read paper, I need a lot of light. I probably have
12 reading glasses around here. Anywhere that I need to read something,
or use small screws, like the ones on outlets. I got glasses in almost
every room in the house, and in my workshop, garage, in my car, and even
a pair in the barn in case I have to give a measured medication to an
animal.

I have very early stage AMD that only vitamins can help put off.

What is AMD?
What vitamins are helpful. I'd rather take vitamins than medications.

Also early stage cataracts. I don't need them worked on but maybe you do.

I've also been replacing 60 watt equivalent with 75 watt CFL's

Don't yet see 75 watt equivalent at reasonable price yet.

The 60W LEDs are cheap now, but anything above that is costly. I paid
around $15 for that one 100W equ bulb.