Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Karl, Leon, others: Advice for hanging cabinets wanted.

On 12/08/2015 12:56 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 9:31:08 AM UTC-6, Swingman wrote:

AKA, "furrdown" around these parts.

You know, I hadn't thought about the difference. When I was framing

houses we called anything that we built on site that closed the gap
between the ceiling and a feature a "furrdown".

So anything over built in cabinets or coves, the area over bath tubs

that would be made into storage cabinets, etc. was a furrdown.

Later when I was more involved in the architectural side, I was

building plywood box "valances" for padded window treatments, lighting,
etc., and anything else that hung from a wall or ceiling.

Interesting. Just never thought about it.

Indeed. Never heard of "furrdown" down (or up) h'year (not in Piedmont
VA or E TN, either, for that matter)....