Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Breaking news

"bert" wrote in message
In article , Brian Gaff
writes
The world is warming overall, but this has happened in cycles over many
many years prior to now. Yes we are making it worse
Snip

Every model that has tried to demonstrate that has failed miserably.

Sure, but that might well be because it's a much
smaller effect than the other non man made ones.

It is clear that the area where major citys like London
are are considerably warmer than what was there
before them, and it would be a lot more surprising
if they weren't given the massive amount of energy
that is put into the area when it is a major city.

It must be a relatively small effect tho given that we
do know without any doubt at all that the CO2 levels
have increased dramatically, but temperatures haven't.

Presumably we will work out the
detail of what is going on eventually.

The other important question is whether it matters
even if it is warming up a little more than it would
otherwise do. IMO that is unlikely when we have
seen quite dramatic changes in only a bit more
than our lifetime like the Thames not freezing
anymore and things working out fine anyway.