Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cast Iron

Terry Coombs wrote:
Got the new camera battery in ... here are some pics of the cast iron
repairs I'm working on . The faucet will have to be reworked , this
time it'll be preheated and the weld will be peened as it cols .
The stove grates are in much worse shape than I thought they would
be , butI think they can be repaired . There are descriptions on the
photos , these parts will be preheated and kept hot while I'm working
them . I'm probably going to have to heat both parts and alternate
working on them to keep the temps up . I'll be using the Invar TIG
rod that Dan sent me for this repair because it's more ductile than
cast iron and shrinkage is less , putting less tension on the part as
each weld is done . Welds will be lightly peened as they cool - it
might not be really necessary , but it surely can't hurt .

OOOPPPS , forgot to add the link !
http://s991.photobucket.com/user/Sna...op/Cast%20Iron

--
Snag