Rainer F. Daltrop

Default Panasonic CD-Player SL-S120 help with realignment

To Mark
Sorry if that last reply sounded a little harsh...You were just trying to
help. I apologize.

Okay for the records...
I am pretty sure now it must be an electronic problem...

I took the mechanics from the defective player and attached it to the
electronics of a working Panasonic SL-S120 I borrowed. It workes like a
charm with a stable and sharp RF pattern of 0.9Vpp. No dropouts no skipping.
This proves that the mechanics in my player are working. The fault has to be
in the electronics of my player. I'll recheck the caps and soldering as far
as this is possible with SMD. Maybe replace the xtal on trial and error
basis, but the rest would call for a schematic or download of the LSI/driver
datasheets.

Rainer

"Mark D. Zacharias" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
k.net...
Obviously clean the lens if you have not done so.
Also, recent vintage Panasonics use a wormscrew drive for the pickup. The
tolerances are tight, and the least bit of hair or carpet fiber will tend

jam them up. Yours could be in a borderline mech jamming condition

involving
the wormscrew (sled) drive.

Mark Z.

"Rainer F. Daltrop" wrote in message
Hi Sam

In general it is a short distance skip as if it would jump from one

groove
to the immediate neighbor without delay. Most of the time this skip will
cause a repeat sometimes an advance. The best analogy would perhaps be

that
of an old turntable skipping on a slightly scratched record but without
going into looped repeat.
The second sort of skips is does covers the same short distance as said
above but incorporates a slight delay of about half a second or so. Or
speaking in terms of ancient turntables; it seems like someone lifts the
pickup for the fraction of a second off the record and puts it back

down.

-Rainer

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote

What type of skipping is it? Short distance, long distance, or just
a repeat or dropout?

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page:

http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info:

http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer

work.
contact me, please use the Feedback Form at repairfaq.org. Thanks.