Rainer F. Daltrop

Default Panasonic CD-Player SL-S120 help with realignment

Thanks for that answer,
but as I stated before not only once but TWICE; the lens has been cleaned.
And yes it uses a wormscrew, but before you jump to other conclusions; I
already removed and cleaned it and relubed it. I even took a needle and
removed dirt and particels which were stuck very down between the teeth of
the two gears connecting the wormgear to the motor. But all to no avail.

I may get a second working SL-S120 tonight and do some some comparative
measurements - maybe even swap the whole mechanics.

Rainer

"Mark D. Zacharias" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
k.net...
Obviously clean the lens if you have not done so.
Also, recent vintage Panasonics use a wormscrew drive for the pickup. The
tolerances are tight, and the least bit of hair or carpet fiber will tend

jam them up. Yours could be in a borderline mech jamming condition

involving
the wormscrew (sled) drive.

Mark Z.