Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Garage Door Opener quit working

On 12/7/2015 5:56 PM, A Mooose in Love wrote:
Sort of. It still works with the door button, but I have two remotes
with good batteries that won't program. It's a 7 year old
Chamberlin/liftmaster and the remote is 373LM. Suggestions?

Presumably, you have just ONE door? I.e., don't have a second
opener on which you can test the remote?

Is that the remote that handles *3* doors?

If so, have you tried programming buttons other than the "first"?
I.e., in case the actual "button" has worn out?

Are you getting any tactile feedback from the button? I.e.,
does it have the same "click" and "feel" as the others?

Have you tried erasing all the codes from the opener and then
trying to program? I.e., is the problem in the remote or in
the opener?

Does the opener do ANYTHING when you attempt the programming
sequence? I.e., does it "see" that you've activated the remote
(even if it is rejecting the programming operation)?

Is the antenna wire visible in the opener?