Posted to alt.home.repair,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 01:33:50 -0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote, on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 13:42:18 -0700:

Obviously you only do a static balancing.
Is that good enough for your driving?

I have a bimmer. Older E39 model. Rides fine with the
five tires I mounted and balanced myself with this.

HF Mounter:
https://i.imgur.com/hGeRFBv.jpg

HF Balancer:
https://i.imgur.com/hEQ3XHS.jpg

I go about 80 or 85 on California highways which are some of the
best maintained roads in the country as far as I can tell (having
come from the east coast where the roads are lousy as all hell).

No vibration, but, I did a very good job of balancing them.
I think maybe the BBS aluminum wheels made it easier?

The BBS rims are no better balance wise than any quality OEM or
aftermarket alloy rim. I have Ford OEM alloys for my snows and Eagle
Alloy rims for my summer rims on the Ranger. The rims themselves all
balance out perfectly on the dynamic balancer with stems installed..

No measurable radial or side to side runout.