Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

clare wrote, on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 18:36:19 -0500:

If your tires don't shake at any speed balancing only to the closest
half ounce you are not very sensitive to shake or you don't drive very
fast is all I can say.

Maybe both are true.

I am not all that sensitive to anything (watch when people try to insult
me, for example). And I don't go yelling out the window at someone who
talks on their cellphone or who cuts me off. I just ignore them.

I also don't drive all that fast. Maybe 80 to 85 on the highway at most,
which, as you know, is nothing on a California highway (I don't call 'em
freeways 'cuz they're not free - CA has the highest gas tax in the nation).

Plus, I balanced them really well.

I have nothing against dynamic balancing except that it's not always
needed. That's all.

If you mount and balance your own tires, the only thing that is hard to
do is the dynamic balancing. Everything else is trivially easy to do
at home. And cheap. All the tools cost less than one visit to the shop.