Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

On Mon, 7 Dec 2015 17:35:00 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Danny D." wrote in message
There is no vibration.
At any speed.
Yes I fully know EVERYONE swears you must dynamically balance.
I know that.

But, guess what?
My wheels don't vibrate.
At any speed.

So what does that tell you?

When I worked for Sears around 1970 all we had was the bubble balancer. I
was told to slide the weights around the wheel in pairs, put one on the
bottom and then put the other on the top for the final balance. Don't know
if this did anything,but was the standard for them.

On some tires it helped - on others it made it worse. Dynamic
balancing balances the tire not only around the circumference bur from
bead to bead - across the tread - and it does this inner to outer
ballance at every point around the circumference of the tire. A tire
can be statically ballanced and "wobble" like crazy, even though it
does not "tramp".. It is more important on wheels with a large offset,
either positive or negative, because the moving impalance is farther
from the point where the contact patch and the steering axis meet.