Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default Trembleur

On Mon, 07 Dec 2015 10:49:21 -0500, Jack wrote:

On 12/5/2015 10:02 AM, krw wrote:

Yes, there is no repair anymore. It's replace. The hood of my wife's
'14 Mustang is aluminum. I got in an accident, with it about a year
ago and the hood got whacked. I thought it could have been repaired
but didn't know it was aluminum at the time. Nope, it had to be
replaced (not that it really bothered me to have a new one).

When I was a kid, long, long ago, rarely were hoods (steel) fixed, as
in never. If you banged up your hood, they always got a replacement,
never straightened them.

But that was before insurance companies were invented. ;-)

In reality, they probably wouldn't have straightened this one since
the car was less than a year old. They should have replaced the car
with all the screwups (must have gone over the magic number).