Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

"Danny D." wrote in message

I keep the T-shaped handle thing in my car for emergencies.
What I really need, for emergencies, is air.
I keep buying that liquid-air stuff, and it keeps going bad.

What I really need is simply a tire-valve-hose.

That way, I can suck some air out of the other four tires to
fill the one tire that is temporarily patched from the outside
in a super emergency.

Problem is, there are never any emergencies.
The spare works just fine when I get a flat.

I did see a man put the patch on his tire and use one of the battery powered
pumps to pump up the tire. Not sure if he had a spare or not. It was on
something like a station wagon and to get to the spare he would have had a
long time removing all the stuff he had in the back over the tire.

A girl was over at our house visiting my son. She had a flat and I changed
it for her. Her trunk was filled with stuff. It took her about 20 minuits
to get it all out. Yard looked we were having a yard sell.

So, why repair on the road from the outside?