Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob[_43_] Bob[_43_] is offline

Default Breaking news

On 06/12/15 21:45, wrote:
On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 7:29:07 PM UTC, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
What the Greens profiteers and political left say

You forgot to add every scientific institute on the planet to that.

They are owned by the political left dummy.

How does that work then?

That's the problem with trying to discuss anything with people like you.
You know you are always going to reach a point where they pull out the
giant conspiracy card.

Its effects would be mostly positive.

This seems to be one of the favourite claims of Matt Ridley and Nigel
Lawson and cronies. Big fan of them are you? Ridley bases his opinion
on Richard Tol's work, which is hardly watertight but even he admits
that it is only positive up to 1.5 deg C, something that Ridley and
that shower seem to gloss over.

Oh dear. All received wisdom. no science and ad hominem attacks.

Are you really so blind to your own approach? I'm only responding in kind.

OK, so where is the science that it will be mostly positive? As I said,
I am aware of some economic arguments from the likes of Tol, and as I
said, even he says, based on his own (disputed) analysis, that "The
initial impacts of climate change may well be positive. In the long run,
the negative impacts dominate the positive ones."