Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

clare wrote, on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 15:37:51 -0500:

The plug patch is far superior to the string. I'll use a string in
an emergency - reluctantly.

I keep the T-shaped handle thing in my car for emergencies.
What I really need, for emergencies, is air.
I keep buying that liquid-air stuff, and it keeps going bad.

What I really need is simply a tire-valve-hose.

That way, I can suck some air out of the other four tires to
fill the one tire that is temporarily patched from the outside
in a super emergency.

Problem is, there are never any emergencies.
The spare works just fine when I get a flat.

So, why repair on the road from the outside?