Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

Paintedcow wrote, on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 15:15:16 -0600:

Harbor Freight is the LAST place I'd buy tools. I have been dissatisfied
with almost everything from them. If I want cheaper tools, I usually buy
the "Toolshop" branded stuff from Menards. Most of their tools have been
fairly decent. Otherwise I'll pay the higher price and get Craftsman or
at least the middle of the road brands like Stanley or Black & Decker.

I know. I know. I know.

When I was looking for balancers and tire changing tools, I found better
ones (Northern?) but they also cost more.

If I were to do the job once a month or so, it would pay to get the better
tools. I agree.

But, how often do you really change all your tires?
I do it once every couple of years at most.

So, in the next 20 years, I'll change tires about 10 times.
For that, the HF tire-changing tool works just fine.

PS: I had to bolt it to a pallet though, as there's no way you can use
it without mounting it to something sturdy.