Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Do LED Christmas Strings Go Out In Sections Like Regular Minis?

wrote in message

As LEDs are mainly a current device instead of voltage devices they
operate
beter in series even if it means a real pain to find the bad one if it
opens.

If this is true, then do the LED "home bulbs" with multiple LEDs have
series wiring? (meaning the ones you screw in place of a regular
lightbulb on your ceiling).

I know this is not the case for battery operated LEDs. I have a 72 LED
stick type flashlight, and it's very bright, (but eats batteries). For
some reason, one of the LEDs burned out. The others work fine.

I don't know how the 'home bulbs' are made. I was staying with the
Christmas string types.

The flashlights have to be in parallel as they require a volt or two to
light up. If they were in series it would take a lot more voltage that the
batteries could put out.