Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default How to pump the gas out of auto gas tank?

writes:

On Mon, 07 Dec 2015 08:13:06 -0500,
wrote:

Just the cars I have owned.

My 1928 and 1935 Chevies had drain plugs. My 1937 Terraplame had a
drain plug. My 1953 Dodge Coronet had a drain plug. My 1957 Fargo
truck had a drain plug.
Many Japanese cars do, at least they did up untill the ninries (my '70
corolla and "71 Tercel difd, as did my daughters Mitsubishi Colr 200)

All the British cars I've ever worked on had drains (minis, vauxhauls,
rovers,landrovers, MGs, Triumphs, jags, and Rolls')

Have not checked my current 2 fords.I am almost sure they do not have
drains.

Those old cars were built well and built to last. They were also built
so that anyone with some tools and knowledge could work on them. Today's
cars are disposible, and require all sorts of "model specific" equipment
to disgnose their complex systems.

Huh?

I've never owned any foreign made vehicles. All have been from the big
three American companies. I prefer GM vehicles and that is all I buy
now.

I guess that explains it.

Sorry to say I've been buying foreign cars for a while now.
Forget about fixing them.
They just keep running.

The one before this one was American branded but came from Asia.
After 10 years, could not find a muffler so had to replace it.

This one is at 10 years now, never had anything wrong with it.

What's better, easy to repair or no need to repair?

--
Dan Espen