Posted to alt.home.repair

Default direct drive fan motor

On 12/7/2015 3:32 AM, Micky wrote:
I have an old furnace with a one-speed-at-a-time-based on the wiring
fan motor.

I once rewired it, using the schematic, to see if I could find a lower
speed, so I know the schematic is correct, but in my dotage, I can't
understand it!

It calls it a "direct drive fan motor" and it has 4 wires coming out
of it. It appears that either 2 or 3 wires are to be connected at a
given time, although that doesn't correspond to my vague memory.
The wires a

White Common, connected at all times
Black High, perhaps connected at all times, if you go by the
schematic
Blue Medium
Red Low

The schematic shows 2 wires connected to the motor and a iiuc a 3rd
optional wire.

It's been a year or so since I wired one of those.
The one I did, the circuit board had terminals
labelled HEAT, COOL, and PARK, if memory serves.
The one I did, had red on heat, blue on cool,
and black was on park. The family wasn't getting
enough AC in the second floor. I changed the
AC blower from medium to high.

In your case, sounds like you may wish to take
blue off HEAT, and put it on PARK. Take red off
park, and put it on heat.

Remit $74.50 for internet consult, please.

--
..
Christopher A. Young