Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Don't keep your hoverboard inside Was: AGM car batteries?

On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 2:23:54 AM UTC-6, Micky wrote:
On Sun, 6 Dec 2015 00:15:51 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 1:52:57 AM UTC-6, Micky wrote:
On Sat, 5 Dec 2015 20:48:08 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 7:30:06 PM UTC-6, Micky wrote:
On Sat, 05 Dec 2015 14:24:49 -0800, Eagle no@not now.ever wrote:

Car batteries are getting to be like ice cream and mayonnaise.

The price is the same, but you only get 11 volts these days.
AGM bastteries are generally very good - but also very expensive.

Too bad lithium ion batteries are not compatable with everyday use cars
and trucks.

Are they what are used for hoverboards?

At least one caught on fire while being charged, and burned a good
part of the house, and another burst into flames while being ridden..
It was till popping with mini-explosiions when they got their camera
out.

Don't keep your hoverboard inside. Keep it outside where a fire won't
hurt much.

It may be a good idea to charge items with large Li-Ion batteries on the fireplace hearth. Of course this is during those times when there's no fire. I could imagine a market for a fireproof box for storing and charging things with those type batteries. (*?*)

That's it!! That's how we'll get rich.

Don't tell anyone else, whatever you do.

I don't want them stealing your, I mean our idea.

[8~{} Uncle Burning Monster

Safety Charger Dock. ^_^

That's not bad, but how about Gorilla Charger Safe?

or Stegasaurus Charger Safe?

The fireproof dock would probably need to come in different sizes. It would probably be the cheaper electronic devices that are more likely to catch fire but the Dream Liner had a problem with LiIO batteries when the plane first flew. I caught a glimpse of a story about those new hover boards being banned from passenger flights. Those things are also powered by LiIO batteries. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Burning Monster